Hey everyone! SeomanReborn here with an info-packed version of the SolForge Report. The Forge Watch Invitational was a smashing success and StoneBlade released new items to buy in the store. A huge Winter Sale is underway and Tournament Tickets are now more available. Justin Gary and John Fiorillo provided a ton of new info on Crafting, Set 2, and more. Let’s get on with the Report!
Category Archives: The SolForge Report
Hello everyone! Welcome to a post-hangover edition of the SolForge Report. It’s been two weeks and an amazing amount of information and changes have surfaced. SolForgeGame.com gets some changes while the Drafting and Daily Rewards were revamped. Justin Gary shared their 4-round Draft proposal while John Fiorillo clarified how the system uses Silver and Gold tickets. There was a needed update on Alternate Art cards and the past, present, and future of SolForge were laid out in the latest developer article. Let’s get on with the Report!
SolForgeGame.com Website Changes
StoneBlade has been dropping hints and spoilers for their website changes for a while now and on the stream this week Kibler announced that the first of the changes are coming. First, there will be periodic articles from the developers talking about the development of SolForge. They hope this will communicate their intentions and development plans to the community better. There will also be articles from various community members talking about everything from strategy to deckbuilding. You can read more about it from their official release article.
The first Article is about the past, present, and future for SolForge. It goes over how SolForge started, where we are right now, and what features are still being worked on. If you’ve ever had questions about what is being added to the game, make sure to read it. Head over to SolForgeGame.com and check it out!
Drafting and Daily Reward Changes
The patch had some changes to the Daily Rewards and Drafting Rewards that fluctuated without notification from StoneBlade as the weekend hit. The Draft Rewards were lowered while everyone had a large increase in Tournament Tickets from their Daily rewards. With how varied the tournament rewards were, many people found themselves losing tickets much faster than they thought with winning records. The community immediately took notice of this and the forums were quickly filled with questions and concerns. To address this, Justin Gary asked around the community for input and revamped the reward system. They evened out the rate of Draft Tickets from Daily Rewards and standardized a base reward system that lets you “go infinite” in Draft and Constructed tournaments by having at least an alternating win record of 2-1 and 3-0. They also added a guaranteed premium pack to all 3-0 winners. For the complete list of changes and Justin Gary’s full message, see the spoiler below!.
4 Round Draft Proposal
Also, in response to the community feedback, Justin Gary announced that the StoneBlade team was thinking about raising the rounds in Draft to 4. In his proposal on the forums, Justin talked about how they wanted to be more transparent about changes and wanted community feedback. You can view the complete proposal in the spoiler below.
On the Stream and the new Article, alternate artwork was spoiled as coming out very soon. Here is a preview of an alternate art Graveborn Glutton!
- The SolForge Weekly Stream will no longer be weekly. With the addition of periodic developer articles on the official website, Kibler said they felt a weekly stream would not be needed as much. Any streams will be announced ahead of time so people can prepare to watch them.
- Invites for the closed Beta of SolForge on Android devices have already gone out to a randomized group pulled from the people who filled out their survey. Kibler stated that they would be expanding it in the near future, so don’t feel left out yet!
- For the Holidays, Premium Packs are 20% off and everyone received a free Draft Coupon! You can check out the official announcement here.
- Single cards will be going on sale in the Store in the very near future. There will be a different card every day with the newest cards going on sale first. There is no word on what the price structure will be. Kibler hinted that this is just the initial release of this system and that it is not final.
- There was some concern about how the system used Silver and Gold tickets since we can’t see which are which. John Fiorillo answered the question in this thread saying that the system uses them intelligently and will use 1 Gold ticket, if it’s available, then as many Silver tickets as it can before using Gold again. This will probably be a lot more clear once they upgrade the UI so you can see the tickets separately.
- The Forge Watch Invitational is coming! Preliminary matches will commence Jan 10-12 featuring some of the top constructed players in SolForge. The Top 8 will then battle it out on Jan 18 for a chance at 25,000 Gold and becoming a permanent fixture in the SolForge universe. Check out our Tournament section to find out specific times and streams if you want to watch the action.
Hey everyone! SeomanReborn here with a Draft-saturated version of the SolForge Report. This week the update we have been hyping for weeks was finally released and we now have access to Tournaments and Drafting. We finally get to see what the Tempys Legendary card is and Kibler talked to us about where SolForge is going from here. Let’s get on with the Report!
At around 8:45 PDT on Wednesday, Dec. 19, the latest patch hit Steam and the iPad/iPhone versions were available shortly after. If this is your first time on the SolForge Report, here is a list of all the things that were added or changed
- Draft and Constructed Tournament queues were added. For more information, make sure you check out the Tournament section on the website!
- Event Tickets, which are used to enter Drafts and Constructed Tournaments, are now available with Gold, Silver, Tournament Prizes, and Daily Rewards
- There were 24 new cards added to the game. These were added to the main card pool and there are new packs you can buy that will have a chance of containing these. (As a side note, if you had old packs, you will find them using the Inventory button near your Silver total)
- The iPhone version of SolForge was released with all the current features enabled.
- Many cards have been updated or changed. Check out the Full Patch Notes to read all the specifics changes.
- There were many changes and improvements to the UI.
If you want to read all of the changes just use the Spoiler button below.
There are several undocumented changes that came with the patch. Artwork changes to Botaminate and Avalanche Invoker were slipped in with no mention anywhere. If you find something not in the official patch notes, let us know!
Here is what StoneBlade has said they are working on for the next update:
- Crafting – Kibler stated on the stream that there has already been a bunch of work done on this and we should be hearing more details relatively soon.
- Chatting/Interacting with your Opponent – They added a Chat button on the PC client version to help people communicate more but they do want ways of interacting with your opponent. There are currently no details on this yet.
- Single Card Purchases/Website Update – These are tied together and they are currently working on this. Kibler said they think this will be done before the next major update.
- Leaderboard/Competitive Play – This is something that Kibler said we should be hearing about in the near future.
Silver Cost for Drafting
Originally, there was never an indication that you would be allowed to purchase Tournament Tickets for Constructed or Tournament Play. As a surprise, StoneBlade added the ability to purchase tickets for the cost of 40K Silver. Many people thought this was very steep and Kibler responded to such a thread on the official forums. Here is what he had to say:
The Tempys Legendary was shrouded in mystery leading up to the patch. Tempys needed another aggressive creature and it looks like this is it. And, before you ask, he can attack more than twice if you cast multiple spells in one turn. This makes him good in combo decks involving the recently changed Lightning Brand. This is a card I am hoping to get soon and I hope you are as excited as I am about it!
Want to see a full card spoiler? We recently posted a complete card list with pictures here.
- There will be some sort of Holiday Promotion for SolForge but currently there are no details. Stayed tuned to all the SolForge news channels of communication so you don’t miss it!
- The official SolForge FAQ was updated with the patch and now contains information about Tournaments as well. If you have questions about SolForge I would suggest reading it first.
Hello everyone! SeomanReborn here with a preview extravaganza version of the SolForge Report. This week, we got a Chrogias-load of preview cards and an update about the upcoming Patch. Kibler talked about Daily Reward changes and reminded users about StoneBlade’s policy on third party programs. Let’s get on with the Report
- The Patch is ready to submit to Apple. They plan on submitting it in the next few days then it is all in Apple’s court. The expectation is to have it in our hands before Holiday break.
- You won’t always get a Tournament Ticket as one of your daily rewards, but Kibler was unclear about how many you should average in a week.
- You will be able to purchase Draft Tickets with a “quite high” amount of Silver.
- Drafts will cost 7 tickets and Constructed Tournaments will cost 3 tickets.
- Constructed Tournaments will have tickets as rewards for winning.
- There will be no distinction between Gold or Silver tickets in the client. Because of this, if any part of a Draft or Constructed Tournament is paid with Gold tickets then all cards earned will be marked as Gold for purpose of trading.
- Kibler announced that the “3rd win of the day” daily reward will be going away, and in its place will be a reward for a 3rd win against an Online Opponent and a 5th win against an Online Opponent. They plan on going to a “Silver per win” system but they do not have the UI system in place to implement this method.
This last week saw a huge influx of preview cards. Here are all the cards in order of release:
SeomanReborn’s Featured Streamer Preview
Note that when the card was shown on Facebook, the card name was changed, indicating a typo on the initial preview.
TinyGrimes’s Featured Streamer Preview
Foxhull’s Featured Stream Preview
ForgeWatch.com Preview Card – read Raidrinn’s article here!
Player Level 4 Preview Card
Stone Blade’s Weekly Stream Preview
All of these previews, except for the latest stream preview, are reviewed by the Forge Watch crew on the latest Player Level 4 Podcast. Check it out to hear our thoughts about all of these spoilers! Also, Kibler spoiled that the SolForge SubReddit will be showing off their preview card sometime this week.
- The official SolForge FAQ is up on the website. Make sure to check it out here.
- There will be more information about Leaderboards and the Tournament scene coming out next year.
- On Facebook, Thundersaur’s rarity was confirmed as Legendary.
Hello everyone! SeomanReborn here with a turkey-leftovers edition of the SolForge Report. This week Kibler showed us an awesome Nekrium card and hinted that the patch is on the horizon. Kibler also discussed a change with the way StoneBlade wants to do client updates and gave us an update about Crafting. To help people with questions about the update coming out soon, I have compiled a large FAQ that should contain almost everything we have heard about it so far. Let’s get on with the Report!
Hello everyone! SeomanReborn here with a pre-turkey edition of the SolForge Report. This week, Kibler gave us another card preview and discussed what StoneBlade is thinking about doing with Draft and Constructed Tournament rewards. John Fiorillo gave us greater transparency on the status of the upcoming patch and SolForge made the Forbes Top DCG list. On with the Report!
Hey everyone! SeomanReborn here with another exciting update on the SolForge Report. This week, Kibler gave us a super sweet preview card and talked about a new alternate way people will be able to acquire cards after the patch. Several changes are coming to SolForgeGame.com and Kibler also talked about StoneBlade’s priorities post-patch. Let’s get on with the Report!
Hey everyone! SeomanReborn here with this week’s edition of the SolForge Report. This week StoneBlade issued a summary of the changes in the upcoming Tournament Update. Kibler talks a little bit about the design of the new cards and we also get a look at one of them. We still have no word about when the patch will be out, but the signs seem to indicate it is just a few weeks away. Let’s get on with the Report!
StoneBlade released an official press release about the upcoming patch. In it, StoneBlade gave their official summary of Drafting and Tournaments. They also talked about the release of the iPhone client as well as the new cards and card changes. Most of it was a recap of things we had previously learned, but if you want to read it you can find it on their website.
Part of the update StoneBlade provided also has a new card spoiler. Check him out!
We are not sure what rarity he is but his effect feels Legendary. This card has very interesting flavor and design, which means I’m looking forward to collecting him!
We also got another card change this week.
Changes: It now has better stats (Previously 4/8/12 Health), and its ability is an Activate which only lasts the turn with higher Attack debuff values (Previously was -1/-2/-4).
There was a subtle change in the rarity of certain cards in the stream last week that I had missed. Cull the Weak and Corpse Crawler were both demoted to Common during his draft. I’m not sure what this means for the rarity distribution of the set, but it could work out better for people still trying to collect certain cards.
- Kibler stated that cards are going to be added directly to the current card pool. The packs will be different than the current ones so any that you have stored up will not contain them. He mentioned there will be other ways to obtain them as well, possibly alluding to the statement that they would be part of the tournament rewards a few weeks ago. There will be no packs for just the new cards.
- The initial algorithm in determining which cards will be taken out more often by the computer during drafts will be based on what the developers drafted during playtesting. After that, the program will base it on player behavior.
- There were no spoilers on the stream this week, but Kibler stated that the new cards are designed around synergies to make them interesting to play together.
Hello everyone! SeomanReborn here with another exciting SolForge Report. Kibler gave us a full preview of the Tournament and Drafting UI while also showing us some of the changes to a few common cards in the current set. The iPhone release got an update while the PC Client received some nice quality of life changes. Let’s get on with the Report!
Hey everyone! SeomanReborn here with another edition of the SolForge Report. John Fiorillo gave some spoilers about Drafting to help with some player concerns on the forums and Kibler gave us a small look at the iPhone version of Drafting. Kibler also asked for player feedback about tutorial videos and confirmed a changed to the Savant cycle in the next patch. Let’s get on with the Report!