Hello everyone! Welcome to a post-hangover edition of the SolForge Report. It’s been two weeks and an amazing amount of information and changes have surfaced. SolForgeGame.com gets some changes while the Drafting and Daily Rewards were revamped. Justin Gary shared their 4-round Draft proposal while John Fiorillo clarified how the system uses Silver and Gold tickets. There was a needed update on Alternate Art cards and the past, present, and future of SolForge were laid out in the latest developer article. Let’s get on with the Report!
SolForgeGame.com Website Changes
StoneBlade has been dropping hints and spoilers for their website changes for a while now and on the stream this week Kibler announced that the first of the changes are coming. First, there will be periodic articles from the developers talking about the development of SolForge. They hope this will communicate their intentions and development plans to the community better. There will also be articles from various community members talking about everything from strategy to deckbuilding. You can read more about it from their official release article.
The first Article is about the past, present, and future for SolForge. It goes over how SolForge started, where we are right now, and what features are still being worked on. If you’ve ever had questions about what is being added to the game, make sure to read it. Head over to SolForgeGame.com and check it out!
Drafting and Daily Reward Changes
The patch had some changes to the Daily Rewards and Drafting Rewards that fluctuated without notification from StoneBlade as the weekend hit. The Draft Rewards were lowered while everyone had a large increase in Tournament Tickets from their Daily rewards. With how varied the tournament rewards were, many people found themselves losing tickets much faster than they thought with winning records. The community immediately took notice of this and the forums were quickly filled with questions and concerns. To address this, Justin Gary asked around the community for input and revamped the reward system. They evened out the rate of Draft Tickets from Daily Rewards and standardized a base reward system that lets you “go infinite” in Draft and Constructed tournaments by having at least an alternating win record of 2-1 and 3-0. They also added a guaranteed premium pack to all 3-0 winners. For the complete list of changes and Justin Gary’s full message, see the spoiler below!.
4 Round Draft Proposal
Also, in response to the community feedback, Justin Gary announced that the StoneBlade team was thinking about raising the rounds in Draft to 4. In his proposal on the forums, Justin talked about how they wanted to be more transparent about changes and wanted community feedback. You can view the complete proposal in the spoiler below.
On the Stream and the new Article, alternate artwork was spoiled as coming out very soon. Here is a preview of an alternate art Graveborn Glutton!
- The SolForge Weekly Stream will no longer be weekly. With the addition of periodic developer articles on the official website, Kibler said they felt a weekly stream would not be needed as much. Any streams will be announced ahead of time so people can prepare to watch them.
- Invites for the closed Beta of SolForge on Android devices have already gone out to a randomized group pulled from the people who filled out their survey. Kibler stated that they would be expanding it in the near future, so don’t feel left out yet!
- For the Holidays, Premium Packs are 20% off and everyone received a free Draft Coupon! You can check out the official announcement here.
- Single cards will be going on sale in the Store in the very near future. There will be a different card every day with the newest cards going on sale first. There is no word on what the price structure will be. Kibler hinted that this is just the initial release of this system and that it is not final.
- There was some concern about how the system used Silver and Gold tickets since we can’t see which are which. John Fiorillo answered the question in this thread saying that the system uses them intelligently and will use 1 Gold ticket, if it’s available, then as many Silver tickets as it can before using Gold again. This will probably be a lot more clear once they upgrade the UI so you can see the tickets separately.
- The Forge Watch Invitational is coming! Preliminary matches will commence Jan 10-12 featuring some of the top constructed players in SolForge. The Top 8 will then battle it out on Jan 18 for a chance at 25,000 Gold and becoming a permanent fixture in the SolForge universe. Check out our Tournament section to find out specific times and streams if you want to watch the action.