Hey everyone! SeomanReborn here with a Draft-saturated version of the SolForge Report. This week the update we have been hyping for weeks was finally released and we now have access to Tournaments and Drafting. We finally get to see what the Tempys Legendary card is and Kibler talked to us about where SolForge is going from here. Let’s get on with the Report!
At around 8:45 PDT on Wednesday, Dec. 19, the latest patch hit Steam and the iPad/iPhone versions were available shortly after. If this is your first time on the SolForge Report, here is a list of all the things that were added or changed
- Draft and Constructed Tournament queues were added. For more information, make sure you check out the Tournament section on the website!
- Event Tickets, which are used to enter Drafts and Constructed Tournaments, are now available with Gold, Silver, Tournament Prizes, and Daily Rewards
- There were 24 new cards added to the game. These were added to the main card pool and there are new packs you can buy that will have a chance of containing these. (As a side note, if you had old packs, you will find them using the Inventory button near your Silver total)
- The iPhone version of SolForge was released with all the current features enabled.
- Many cards have been updated or changed. Check out the Full Patch Notes to read all the specifics changes.
- There were many changes and improvements to the UI.
If you want to read all of the changes just use the Spoiler button below.
There are several undocumented changes that came with the patch. Artwork changes to Botaminate and Avalanche Invoker were slipped in with no mention anywhere. If you find something not in the official patch notes, let us know!
Here is what StoneBlade has said they are working on for the next update:
- Crafting – Kibler stated on the stream that there has already been a bunch of work done on this and we should be hearing more details relatively soon.
- Chatting/Interacting with your Opponent – They added a Chat button on the PC client version to help people communicate more but they do want ways of interacting with your opponent. There are currently no details on this yet.
- Single Card Purchases/Website Update – These are tied together and they are currently working on this. Kibler said they think this will be done before the next major update.
- Leaderboard/Competitive Play – This is something that Kibler said we should be hearing about in the near future.
Silver Cost for Drafting
Originally, there was never an indication that you would be allowed to purchase Tournament Tickets for Constructed or Tournament Play. As a surprise, StoneBlade added the ability to purchase tickets for the cost of 40K Silver. Many people thought this was very steep and Kibler responded to such a thread on the official forums. Here is what he had to say:
The Tempys Legendary was shrouded in mystery leading up to the patch. Tempys needed another aggressive creature and it looks like this is it. And, before you ask, he can attack more than twice if you cast multiple spells in one turn. This makes him good in combo decks involving the recently changed Lightning Brand. This is a card I am hoping to get soon and I hope you are as excited as I am about it!
Want to see a full card spoiler? We recently posted a complete card list with pictures here.
- There will be some sort of Holiday Promotion for SolForge but currently there are no details. Stayed tuned to all the SolForge news channels of communication so you don’t miss it!
- The official SolForge FAQ was updated with the patch and now contains information about Tournaments as well. If you have questions about SolForge I would suggest reading it first.